CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, February 27, 2011

It's the little things

Sometimes when I am in the midst of piles of laundry or toys strewn all over the house or up to my ears in diapers, I feel like I don't have any "quality time" to spend with my kids. It seems I am always telling them I'm too busy to play or read or whatever. They are great at playing independently and with each other which I think is important, but I love the little moments we have as a family, doing things that aren't super exciting but are just as fun.

After school on Friday we headed out to the Outlet Mall. It was slightly drizzling and I really didn't want to go out in the rain with all the kids but Colby insisted we just do it. All four kids got such a kick out of dashing in between the canvas coverings to escape the rain drops.


After our shopping we sat down (in the FREEZING cold!) and ate a caramel apple and some pretzel bites. Landon started throwing pieces of his pretzel to the birds and loved it! Then as we headed out we let Owen & Jacob down and let them run wild which they thought was the GREATEST. THING. EVER! They splashed in puddles and took off in opposite directions and enjoyed their freedom. They were being so goofy and so cute and Cailyn & Landon loved chasing them around.

Like I said, it wasn't anything super special or super exciting, but it was fun afternoon and made me realize how much I love being with my family and how important these small moments are.

No comments: